• Check all cupboards—kitchen, bathroom, dining room and built-ins.
• Check all drawers—kitchen, bathroom and built-ins.
• Turn off all lights, appliances and power points.
• Make sure all taps are tightly turned off.
• Turn off the hot water system.
• Lock all windows and doors.
This checklist is repeated at the end of Appendix I—you may think of other things you want to add to it. In the days before you move you should find out where the land- lord or agent wants you to leave the keys when you lock up for the last time.
Most will want you to drop them off immediately; others may let you keep them until you come to pick up your bond money. Whatever the arrangement, it is your responsibility as tenant to hand over all copies of the various keys to the property at the end of your tenancy.